Welcome to MLB.com At Bat
Table of Contents
The #1 source for live baseball, MLB.com At Bat, is the official app of Major League Baseball.
At Bat 6.4.1 requires a minimum of: iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 - iPod Touch 3, 4, 5 - iPad 1, 2, 3/New, 4 – iPad Mini 1 - All devices must be running iOS 5.0 or greater.
1. What's New in At Bat 6.4.1 for 2014:
- At Bat in 2014 will be redesigned for iOS 7. Devices not running iOS 7 can continue using At Bat 6.4.1, however version 6.4.1 will not receive any new updates in 2014
2. At Bat Offseason Features
At Bat is available as a free download from iTunes and has two levels of access: At Bat and At Bat 14 (Paid Subscription). At Bat 14 purchase information is detailed in the "MLB.com Website Purchase and Cancellation Information" section and the "iTunes In-App Purchase and Cancellation Information" section. MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat 14 for free and can review the "MLB.TV Premium Login Information" section for instructions on redeeming the entitlement using the "Subscriber Login" option.
- Breaking news, scores, standings, schedules and interactive rosters and player stats for every team
- Subscribe to Push Notifications which will notify you of MLB and team news; see the "Subscribing to Push Notifications" section for information on configuring push notifications
- Set a favorite team to highlight it throughout the application and push it to the top of filtered lists
At Bat 14:
- Enhanced video library archive, searchable by player, team, or keyword
- Watch classic games selected from historical moments around the league
3. Accessibility Information
We are available to respond to your closed captioning questions and needs.
For immediate closed caption issues:
If you need further assistance, and for written closed caption complaints:
VP, Corporate Communications
MLB Advanced Media
75 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
4. Accessing At Bat
The first time you open At Bat, you will have four options:
- Go To Lite
- Subscribe to At Bat 14
- Subscriber Login
Go To Lite
Users who wish to utilize the free features of At Bat such as the scoreboard, news, stats, and standings will choose this option. Users will be prompted with an option to purchase At Bat 14 from iTunes when accessing premium features such as classic games.
Subscribe to At Bat 14
At Bat can be purchased from iTunes at a monthly (billed as At Bat Premium) rate. While the billing name differs, the features are the same. Please see the "iTunes In-App Purchase and Cancellation Information" section for additional information.
MLB.TV Premium subscribers and subscribers who have connected a purchase of At Bat to their MLB.com account will use this option to enable At Bat 14 features on their supported iOS devices by entering their MLB.com credentials.
Subscribers who have made an in-app purchase through iTunes will use the restore button, for example, when reinstalling the application on an existing iOS or new iOS device. A restore can only be completed on devices which share the same Apple ID as the initial purchase.
5. MLB.TV Premium Login Information
If you purchased MLB.TV Premium from the MLB.com website, please follow the below steps to activate MLB.TV access through At Bat.
- Tap on the “Log In or Subscriber Login” option when prompted with the initial paywall
- Login using your MLB.com credentials
6. MLB.com Website Purchase and Cancellation Information
Purchasing a MLB.com Subscription
- Subscriptions are purchased from and billed by MLB.com. These subscriptions are subject to the terms and conditions of MLB.com. All billing and refund inquiries must be directed to MLB.com.
- The At Bat Premium monthly subscription is valid for one month and will automatically renew each month at the current year's regular full monthly price.
Restoring a previous MLB.com purchase to a mobile device
- Subscribers who have made a purchase of At Bat through MLB.com will use the "Log In or Subscriber Login" button to enable At Bat features on their supported iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8 mobile devices. This button will be available during initial launch of At Bat, or when tapping on At Bat features such as Gameday or Gameday Audio.
Cancelling a MLB.com At Bat Subscription
- Customers that have purchased At Bat directly from the MLB.com website and not through an appstore (iTunes/Google Play) may cancel their At Bat subscription by contacting Customer Service at 866-800-1275 (US) / 512-434-1542 (International) or contacting us via e-mail.
Cancelling At Bat 14 auto-renewal
- Customers that have purchased At Bat directly from the MLB.com website and not through an appstore (iTunes/Google Play) may cancel their At Bat auto-renewal by contacting Customer Service at 866-800-1275 (US) / 512-434-1542 (International) or contacting us via e-mail.
Refund Policy for MLB.com At Bat Purchases
- At Bat Premium monthly subscriptions are non-refundable after purchase.
7. iTunes In-App Purchase and Cancellation Information
Purchasing an iTunes Subscription
- In-app purchases are purchased from and billed by iTunes, not MLB.com. These purchases are subject to the terms and conditions of iTunes. iTunes will bill the monthly subscription to At Bat as "At Bat Premium" and the season purchase of At Bat as "At Bat 14." While the billing name differs, the features are the same. All billing and refund inquiries must be directed to iTunes. MLB.com does not have access to iTunes accounts or transactions.
- The At Bat Premium monthly purchase is valid for 30 days and will be re-billed every 30 days year-round by iTunes until cancelled by the user. iTunes will send a monthly e-mail well in advance of renewal containing a hyperlink to manage the subscription. iTunes subscriptions can be managed from a mobile device or computer that uses the same Apple ID as the initial purchase. MLB.com cannot manage iTunes subscriptions. iTunes cancellation steps are listed below for your convenience.
Restoring a previous iTunes purchase
Subscribers who have made an in-app purchase through iTunes will use the Restore button on the paywall, for example, when reinstalling the application on an existing iOS or new iOS device. A restore can only be completed on devices which share the same Apple ID as the initial purchase.
Cancelling an iTunes Monthly Subscription
- Mobile Device
- From your iOS home screen, tap "App Store"
- Tap "Featured" at the bottom of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Tap the "Apple ID" button in the lower left corner; if you are not signed in, tap the "Sign in" button, sign in with your Apple ID, and then scroll back to the bottom of the page, and tap the "Apple ID" button
- Tap the "View Apple ID" button
- Enter your password and tap "OK"
- From the main account page, scroll down and tap "Manage App Subscriptions" or “Manage” under the subscriptions section depending on the version of iOS installed; if you don't have app subscriptions, this button or section will not be displayed
- Choose an app subscription to manage (if multiple are available)
- Tap the subscription category for which you want to disable auto-renewal
- Toggle the switch to "Off"
- You'll receive a pop-up confirmation message; tap "Turn Off" to confirm your choice.
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- Choose "Store">"Sign In" from the iTunes menu
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted
- Choose "Store">"View My Account"; you may be asked to re-enter your Apple ID password; click "View Account"
- From the "Account Information" screen, scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Settings" section
- Click "Manage" to the right of "Subscriptions"
- From the "Manage Subscription" screen, click on the subscription that you would like to manage
- On the "Edit Subscription" screen, you will see the current subscription status and subscription details
- Click the "Off" radio button to turn off "Auto-Renewal"
- You will see a confirmation window asking you to confirm
- Click "Continue" to proceed; you will no longer be billed for your subscription and it will be valid until the expiration date
8. Connecting iTunes In-App Purchase to MLB.com Account
A major benefit of connecting your iTunes purchase to an MLB.com account is being able to access the purchase across your compatible iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8 mobile devices. You will also have access to live Gameday Audio using your personal computer. Separate purchases are no longer required. Connecting a purchase to an MLB.com account also allows support to better assist you with inquiries and troubleshooting. You will have an opportunity to connect your purchase to an MLB.com account after making the purchase, or it can be completed at a later time.
Connecting an iTunes purchase to an MLB.com account
- Open your At Bat application
- Tap on the "Settings" gear icon from the nav menu
- Tap on "Connect Purchase to MLB.com" and log in with existing MLB.com credentials or register for a new account
*You can only connect an iTunes purchase to one MLB.com account. If you connect the purchase to a second MLB.com account, the first account will lose all entitlements.
9. Watching MLB.TV and Classic Games
MLB.TV can be accessed from one mobile device and one desktop concurrently. Attempts to access MLB.TV on additional devices will be prevented. If you share your account information with other people, your account may be prevented from accessing MLB.TV. If you are worried that others are accessing your account, you should change your password under your account profile on your desktop. In rare cases, customers forget to log out of their accounts on one computer and try to log in on a separate device. Since sharing a single username and password is strictly prohibited and does not work, you will get an error message. If you receive such a message, please contact Customer Service.
- Tap on the "TV" icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Select an available game
- Choose the broadcast feed
- If you are not signed into your MLB.com account you will be given the option to subscribe to MLB.TV or sign in with the "Subscriber Login" button
- The app will detect your location to see if blackout restrictions apply
- The stream will begin once access is verified
Classic games, consisting of memorable matchups or events, are selected by MLB.com. The games can be streamed in the application, or purchased from iTunes. This content is available to At Bat 14 users.
- Tap on the "MLB.com" icon in the upper left
- Tap on the "Videos" section
- Tap on the "Classics" button
- Tap on the desired game to start the stream, or tap on the "action" icon to purchase from iTunes
- Tapping on the "i" icon will show a blurb about the game
- Tapping on the "Filter" icon in the upper left will allow you to sort by categories including but not limited to "World Series, Great Pitching, and Milestones & Record-Breakers"
At Bat "Settings" can be accessed by tapping on the "MLB.com" icon in the upper left
The MLB.com Account setting allows a user to log in with their MLB.com credentials.
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers and subscribers who have connected a purchase of At Bat to their MLB.com account will use this option to enable At Bat 14 features on their supported iOS devices.
- MLB.TV subscribers who made a purchase of At Bat 14 will use this option to enable MLB.TV features on their devices.
At Bat will allow you to choose a favorite team. These teams will appear at the top of filter lists when viewing news or highlighted when viewing standings.
- Tap on the green "plus" sign to enable a favorite team
- Tap on the red "minus" sign and "Delete" button to disable a favorite team
At Bat will allow you to choose the default section when opening the application.
At Bat and At Bat 14 can deliver push notifications to your device during the season if enabled. See the “Subscribing to Push Notifications” section for additional information on subscribing and managing your push notifications.
Connect Purchase to MLB.com
A major benefit of connecting your iTunes purchase to an MLB.com account is being able to access the purchase across your compatible iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8 mobile devices. You will also have access to live Gameday Audio using your personal computer. Separate purchases are no longer required. Connecting a purchase to an MLB.com account also allows support to better assist you with inquiries and troubleshooting.
- Tap on "Connect Purchase to MLB.com" and log in with existing MLB.com credentials or register for a new account
At Bat's Facebook integration will allow you to post news and media to your account.
- Tap on "Login" next to Facebook
- Enter your Facebook credentials and tap "Log In"
Setting to "Off" will prevent the screen from going dark while the application is open; this is useful when using Gameday or watching video.
Scores can be hidden for live and archived games in many sections of At Bat to avoid spoilers. This option can also be configured to enable/disable by shaking the device.
- Slide the toggle to "On" or "Off" to enable or disable the hide scores functionality
Shake to Toggle
- Slide the toggle to "On" or "Off" to enable the functionality to hide scores by shaking the device
MLBTV Pitch View Perspective
At Bat now allows you to configure the Gameday pitch tracker to show the ball location as if you're the pitcher or the batter. If set as the pitcher's perspective, for example, an outside pitch to a right handed batter would appear to break to the left of the screen instead of to the right as if you were the batter.
- Choose either "Pitcher's Perspective" or "Batter's Perspective" to switch perspective.
Enabling Gameday Scout will provide color commentary through Gameday discussing statistical trends and tendencies. This feature is only available and visible to At Bat 14 users.
- Slide the toggle to "On" or "Off" to enable or disable the Gameday Scout functionality
11. Subscribing to Push Notifications
During initial launch, if a Favorite Team is selected, you will be prompted to choose which notifications you would like to enable. At Bat users can choose from MLB News, Team News, Game Start, Game End, and Lead Change. At Bat 14 users can choose MLB News, Team News, Game Start, Game End, Lead Change and additional Video Highlight and Condensed Game notifications. To ensure notifications are received or to configure them at a later time, please review the below sections.
- Ensure iOS notifications are enabled for the At Bat application (Required)
- From the iOS home screen, tap on "Settings"
- Tap on "Notifications"
- Scroll down and tap on "At Bat"
- Configure notifications to your preference
- Ensure “Notification Center” is set to “On” and set the number of notifications you would like to display
- Set the alert style to “Banners” or “Alerts”
- Banners will appear across the top of your device screen and quickly disappear; alerts will overlay the screen and require an acknowledgement
- Enabling “Sounds” will play a sound when a notification is received
- “View in Lock Screen” will allow you to view notifications from your device lock screen
- Configuring Push Notifications in the At Bat application
- Navigate to the “Settings” section and tap on “Push Notifications”
- Ensure Notifications toggle is set to "On"
- MLB News will include league-wide events such as no-hitters or record challenges
- Tap on a team
- Tap "Enable All" or "Disable All" to globally manage notifications or toggle each notification individually
- Game Start – Notification when a game begins
- Lead Change – Notification when a lead change occurs
- Game End – Notification when a game concludes
- Condensed Game – Notification when a condensed game is available for viewing
- Video Highlight – Notification when a video highlight is available for viewing
- News – Notification of a Team-specific event
12. Subscribing or Unsubscribing from a Team Calendar
- From within the At Bat application, navigate to "Team Schedules"
- Tap on the team you're wishing to subscribe to
- Tap on the "Subscribe" icon in the lower right of the screen
- Tap "Subscribe" when prompted to initiate the process
- When the process has completed, you may "View Events" to open the calendar or click "Done" to return to At Bat
- From the iOS home screen, tap on the "Settings" icon
- Scroll down to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and tap
- Tap on "Subscribed Calendars"
- Tap on the calendar you would like to unsubscribe from
- Tap on "Delete Account" and tap a second time to confirm
13. Frequently Asked Questions
As an At Bat 14 or MLB.TV Premium subscriber, how do I redeem At Bat 14 on a mobile device?
At Bat 14 subscribers with purchases linked to an MLB.com account and MLB.TV Premium subscribers will download At Bat from iTunes (free download; do not purchase within app) and tap on the "Log In or Subscriber Login" button where you can enter your MLB.com credentials to unlock At Bat 14 premium features.
I purchased a subscription to MLB.TV from MLB.com but cannot access At Bat 14 features.
If you purchased MLB.TV at MLB.com and you cannot access At Bat 14 features when accessing "Log In or Subscriber Login" with your MLB.com credentials, you likely purchased MLB.TV, which does not include At Bat 14 access. You can either upgrade to MLB.TV Premium or purchase At Bat 14 and enter your MLB.com account credentials under "Settings."
My Gameday Audio feed says "playing" but I am not hearing any audio.
While a Gameday Audio stream may say "playing" prior to the start of a game, you will only hear silence. Gameday Audio does not broadcast pre-game or post-game shows, and may not broadcast during rain delays or commercials. If you still hear silence while a game is in progress and your volume is turned up, please contact Customer Service for troubleshooting.
I am unable to view content due to blackout restriction from my current viewing location. Based on blackout policy, the content should be available.
At Bat relies on your device's location services as well as network connectivity to determine your viewing location. If location services are not enabled on your device, you are accessing via a cellular connection or mobile hotspot, or traveling by land or air, At Bat may have difficulty determining your viewing location. If you believe you are incorrectly blacked out, please contact Customer Service for troubleshooting.
I purchased At Bat 14 from iTunes. Can I use it on multiple devices?
Yes, please follow the steps in the “Connecting iTunes In-App Purchase to MLB.com Account” section to connect your iTunes in-app purchase to an MLB.com account in order to access At Bat 14 on other iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8 mobile devices, as well as listen to Gameday Audio on MLB.com using a personal computer.
Gameday Audio returns the message “Connection Error” or “Authentication Failed” when accessing a feed.
If you are receiving "Connection" or “Authentication” errors and have purchased At Bat from iTunes, please attempt to initially connect or re-connect your purchase to a new or existing MLB.com account. Navigate to the At Bat "Settings", tap on "MLB.com Account" and then tap on "Log out." Re-enter your MLB.com credentials (or create a new account) and then from "Settings", attempt to connect your purchase.
Gameday Audio or MLB.TV stream is buffering, choppy, or not playing back.
If you're having difficulty streaming the default and alternate streams, please follow the steps to force close At Bat and restart your device. This is different from closing the application on your device. Also, reception bars are not a reliable indicator of streaming ability. While signal strength can be strong, the bars do not indicate network speed, congestion, or integrity. Attempt to switch between Cellular/WiFi or WiFi/Cellular, and also try from different locations. Streaming while in motion (driving/flying) may also impact your ability to receive streaming media.
- Ensure cookies are allowed on your device. You can view this setting by navigating to your device Settings>Safari section. If cookies are not allowed, you may receive “Authorizing/buffering” messages for audio feeds or “Loading Movie” messages for live/archived feeds preventing you from accessing media.
- From the iOS home screen, double tap on the Home button to open the application tray
- Tap and hold your finger on the application you would like to close; the icons should begin to wiggle and a minus sign will appear
- Tap the minus sign to close the application; it is preferred you do this to all open applications
- Tap the home button on the screen to close the application tray
- Press and hold the power button at the top of the device and the physical home button simultaneously; continue holding these buttons until the screen goes black and then an Apple logo appears
- The device may take a few minutes to return to the home screen
- Once the device returns to the home screen, please try launching the application again
How do I enable or disable Closed Captioning in At Bat?
When viewing MLB.TV content, you can tap the “CC” button on the video player to enable or disable closed captioning. The “CC” button will turn blue with white lettering.
I forgot my password. What should I do?
From the MLB.com Account screen, tap "Forgot Password." Enter your MLB.com account e-mail and we will send a new password to that address.
Why does At Bat keep closing when I try to purchase a subscription from the purchase page?
You need to enable in-app purchase on your device. To enable, please visit the Settings app of your iOS device and select General > Restrictions and turn on In-App Purchase.
How do I log out of At Bat?
From the MLB.com Account screen, tap "Clear Credentials."
What is the latest version of At Bat and how can I check to ensure I have the latest version?
The current release of iOS At Bat for devices that are not running iOS 7 is 6.4.1. You can verify that you have the latest version by navigating to "Settings" and tapping on "About MLB At Bat."
14. Contact MLB.com Customer Service
If you have any questions or require troubleshooting assistance, please call us toll-free at 866-800-1275 (US) or 512-434-1542 (International) or you can tap on "Help" in the Settings menu and tap on the "Contact Us" button in the upper right to submit an inquiry.
Our business hours during the offseason are 9AM-6PM ET Monday-Friday. We will be open for the Japan All Star Series from November 11 to November 20th during game times. We will be closed on the following dates: December 24/25 2014 and January 1 2015.